for James Island Christian School
We will begin accepting new applications for the 2022-2023 school year in late January 2022
STEP ONE: Contact the Admissions Office
Families are invited to contact the Admissions Office to schedule a tour of our campus and to learn more about James Island Christian School and what it has to offer your child.
STEP TWO: The Application Process (Completed applications include all the below)
- To start the application process, click the Apply Now button to create an account and submit the application.
- The $40 non-refundable application fee must be submitted with the application.
- Pastor Referral
- This must be completed and uploaded with the student’s application.
- Teacher Recommendation
- In addition to the application, you will need to have teacher recommendations sent to JICS. The recommendation form must be completed and sent by the teacher.
- Statement of Faith
- James Island Christian School’s Statement of Faith must be signed online within the application.
- To properly review a candidate’s application, we must have the latest school records from the student’s current school. These include, report cards, standardized test scores, and the results of any psychological evaluations including IEP or 504 plans.
- Other Documents
- Please include with the application, copies of the student’s birth certificate and current immunization records.
STEP THREE: Entrance Testing
Once the academic records have been received, the records will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee to determine if the student is a candidate for admissions. Families will be contacted to schedule entrance testing. K2-K4 students are not required to have an entrance assessment. Students applying for Kindergarten will need to come in for an in person assessment with one of our Kindergarten teachers. Students applying for 1st-8th grade who have not had MAP testing or a similar assessment during the previous few months of school will be required to take the Total Math and Total Reading sections of the MAP test.
STEP FOUR: Interview
Once testing has been completed grades K5-8th grade will be scheduled for an interview including the student, parents, and school official. Students in grades K2-K4 will be scheduled for an interview with parents and school official.
STEP FIVE: Admissions Decision
After reviewing the student’s entrance test results, academic records, and recommendations, the Admissions Committee will determine if the student is accepted or denied. The Admissions Committee will meet once a week to review student packets.
STEP SIX: Final Paperwork
The enrollment offer will be sent to parents or guardians by email. The family will have ten days to respond and to accept or decline admission. Enrollment will be finalized when parents or guardians complete the enrollment contract and pay the $250 non-refundable enrollment fee.